Now Hiring: Part-time Collection Services Associate
Wage: $9.63 per hour
Hours: Thursday – 9:45 AM to 5:00 PM (Includes 30 minute meal break)
Friday – 12 noon to 6:00 PM
Saturday – 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities are assigned by the Collection Services Supervisor and may vary depending on departmental staffing levels and the skills and experience of the employee. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Using the library’s automated system to discharge materials, process holds, perform location changes, and conduct inventories
- Retrieving holds from the stacks
- Sorting, organizing, and shelving library materials, including books, magazines/newspapers, and media
- Reading shelves for neatness and proper order
- Rearranging or shifting books as necessary.
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to use basic computer programs, including Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of and commitment to excellent customer service
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with customers and staff
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral communication
- Ability to master the library’s online catalog and automated circulation system
- Ability to see, read, and understand catalog records and to apply the information they contain
- Ability to efficiently and accurately use the computer to carry out job responsibilities.
Application Deadline: December 30, 2014
To submit an application, please see our website: www.jesspublib.org or apply in person.