The Jessamine County Public Library’s special collection contains books, newspapers, and other records to help you research your family history and the history of Jessamine County. For more information about what’s available in our special collection, please contact the Information Desk by phone at (859) 885-3523 or email.
Collects records from more than 3,600 newspapers nationwide, making them available through one fully searchable database. If you are using the database from home, enter your library card number as your password.
Fold3 Library Edition provides convenient access to US military records, including the stories, photos, and personal documents of the men and women who served. Available only to customers inside the library.
Search the Jessamine Journal from 2005 to the present or the Lexington Herald-Leader from 1983 to the present. If you are using the database from home, enter your library card number as your password.
Search the obituary index for the publication dates of obituaries that appeared in the Jessamine Journal from 1887 to the present. Once you know the publication date, you can look up the obituary on microfilm (1887-2005) or on Newsbank (2005-present). If you are in the area, stop by the Ask a Librarian Desk to search our microfilm collection. If you are from out of town, you can request a copy of an obituary.
- Maple Grove Cemetery Records
- Wilmore Cemetery, Wilmore, Kentucky
- Family cemeteries, Locust Grove, Macedonia Church, Ebenezer Church, Keene
- Jessamine County, Kentucky, Tombstone Inscriptions
- Guide to Jessamine County Cemeteries
- Camp Nelson National Cemetery Grave Register Through July 18, 2012
Marriage record index
- Jessamine County obituary index, 1887-1999. To look up entries online, visit our online obituary index.
- Kentucky Gazette 1787-1841 (Or search the digitized version on the Kentucky Digital Library)
- Jessamine Journal and Nicholasville News 1887-2005
- Census (Jessamine County, 1810-1930)
- Tax rolls, court order books, etc.