Books and Bites Podcast: Episode 11
Each month, librarians Carrie Green and Eden Grey bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. In our eleventh episode, we talk about favorites.
- Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks: A Librarian’s Love Letters and Breakup Notes to the Books in Her Life by Annie Spence
- You May Also Like: Taste in an Age of Endless Choice by Tom Vanderbilt
- Dear Darkness: Poems by Kevin Young
- Anything by Alice Munro, but especially Friend of My Youth or Family Furnishings: Selected Stories, 1995-2014
- Narrow Road to the Deep North and Other Travel Sketches by Matsuo Basho
- Red Rising (series of 3 books) by Pierce Brown
- Shatter Me (series of 3 books) by Tahereh Mafi
- Riddle-Master: The Complete Trilogy by Patricia A. McKillip
- If Kevin Young’s “Prayer for Black-Eyed Peas” makes you crave a bowl of these humble beans, try the Chipotle Black-Eyed Peas in Get it Ripe: A Fresh Take on Vegan Cooking and Living.
- Read more about Alice Munro and her relationship to food on Paper and Salt, where you’ll also find a recipe for Rosemary Bread Pudding. For an equally comforting but dairy-free dish, Carrie recommends the Potato Gratin with Cashew Cream from the book Urban Pantry: Tips & Recipes for a Thrifty, Sustainable, and Seasonal Kitchen.
- You don’t have to be the reluctant hero of a fantasy series to brew your own beer or make your own wine.