Books & Bites Podcast, Episode 33
Each month, JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. On this episode, we discuss Bluebird, Bluebird by Attica Locke and suggest books that complement this award-winning mystery.
- Black Klansman: Race, Hate, and the Undercover Investigation of a Lifetime by Ron Stallworth
- Don’t Call Us Dead by Danez Smith
- Whiskey & Ribbons by Leesa Cross-Smith
- Alton Brown’s Pickled Okra from Good Eats is a great recipe for preserving the harvest.
- Roasting okra and tomatoes reduces the slime factor of stewed okra and tomatoes. Find the recipe in Mississippi Vegan: Recipes and Stories from a Southern Boy’s Heart.
Enjoy the Texas staple Cowboy Beans from The Homesick Texan’s Family Table: Lone Star Cooking from My Kitchen to Yours by Lisa Fain. Wash it down with an ice cold Dr. Pepper.