Books & Bites Podcast, Episode 34
Each month, JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. On this episode, we’re sharing some of our favorite movies and television series that you can stream through JCPL’s eLibrary. We pair the videos with books you might enjoy and, of course, we’ll also suggest some recipes to go with them.
To learn more about how to get started streaming videos, visit the eLibrary page of our website.
Book and Video Notes
- Reel Injun, directed by Kino Lorber and available on Kanopy
- In Whose Honor?, New Day Films and available on Kanopy
- There, There by Tommy Orange
- The Detectorists, written and directed by Mackenzie Crook and available on AcornTV, which you can check out through RBdigital
- Less by Andrew Sean Greer
- The Man at the Helm series of novels by Nina Stibbe
- Surfacing by Kathleen Jamie
- Melissa and Carrie both look to the recent article in the New York Times, “Sean Sherman’s 10 Essential Native American Recipes,” for bites to pair with their books.
- This holiday season, try a Snowball cocktail, a classic winter warmer from the U.K.
Pour yourself a glass of Campfire Whiskey, neat, while you ponder the shocking ending of Hereditary.
Sit down with the Barrett family and enjoy a hot plate of baked spaghetti.