Each month, librarians Carrie Green and Eden Grey bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. In our third episode, we talk about reading more diversely in 2017. We also talk to our Collection Development Librarian Bonnie Danner about the importance of having a diverse library collection.
- Eden recommends All American Boys by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely and The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie.
- Carrie recommends A House of My Own: Stories from My Life by Sandra Cisneros and The Sellout by Paul Beatty.
- Try making your own pizza with one of the many pizza cookbooks in our collection.
- Biscuits, Pancakes & Quick Breads has the perfect recipe for quick, fluffy pancakes.
- Read about frybread in the Smithsonian Magazine.
- Learn how to cook mole from one of the Mexican cookbooks in our collection.
- Never heard of the satsuma mandarin? Read about it at the University of Florida IFAS Extension Service.