Each month, librarians Carrie Green and Eden Grey bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. The theme of our sixth episode is sports and exercise.
- Both Carrie and Eden recommend Every Body Yoga: Let Go of Fear, Get on the Mat, Love Your Body by Jessamyn Stanley.
- Eden discusses Booked and The Playbook by Kwame Alexander.
- Carrie recommends The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown and The Big Smoke by Adrian Matejka.
- JCPL staff members Les Lehman and Matt Kinell both enjoyed Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall.
- Les also suggests What Makes Olga Run? by Bruce Grierson.
- In spite of the sad ending for Kentucky fans, Matt recommends The Last Great Game: Duke vs. Kentucky and the 2.1 Seconds That Changed Basketball by Gene Wojciechowski.
- For yoga teacher approved recipes, try Aim True: Love Your Body, Eat Without Fear, Nourish Your Spirit, Discover True Balance by Kathryn Budig.
- The Garden Cook by Fiona Inglis includes healthy, easy recipes.
- Find Anna Jones’s “Kale, Tomato, and Lemon Spaghetti” in her book A Modern Way to Cook or on epicurious.com.