How do I get a library card?
- Library cards are free to all who live or work in Jessamine County. Bring photo ID and proof of current address, and once you have read and signed the library card agreement, you will get your library card right away. If you live in another county but work in Jessamine, you will also need to bring proof of employment, such as a pay stub.
- Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who will need to sign the library card agreement on behalf of the minor. The rights and responsibilities of parents and legal guardians are outlined here.
I don’t live or work in Jessamine County. Can I still get a library card?
- Yes, cards are also free to all who can present proof of ID along with a library card from any of the following counties: Anderson, Bourbon, Boyle, Clark, Estill, Fayette, Franklin, Garrard, Harrison, Lincoln, Madison, Mercer, Nicholas, Powell, Scott, and Woodford.
- If you don’t live in Jessamine County or in any of the counties listed below, you are welcome to purchase an Out-of-Town card for $5.00. This card is valid for one year and allows you to check out 5 items at any one time. You may also use our online resources and public computers.
What is my PIN?
- Your PIN (sometimes called password) is a 4-digit number assigned at time of registration. You can change your PIN online, or ask a staff member to assist you.
- With your Library Card number and PIN you are able to renew your items, download music, movies, magazines and books, as well as search databases and online resources. You also need these numbers to use our public computers.
What if I lose my library card?
- If you lose your card or think it might be stolen, please let us know as soon as possible. This is very important because you remain responsible for all card activity until you report the card lost or stolen.
- Keep your card in a safe place and never share your PIN or let anyone else use your card.
How many items may I check out? How long may I keep my items?
Material Loan period Item limit New books 21 days No limit Books 21 days No limit Books on CD 21 days 5 Music CDs 21 days 5 Magazines & Comic Books 7 days 5 Playaways 21 days 5 Playaway Views 21 days 1 eReaders 21 days 1 Video games 21 days 1 Fiction DVDs 3 days 3 Non-fiction DVDs 21 days 3 Blu-Ray Discs 3 days 3 Interlibrary Loans Set by the lending library 3
Can I renew the items I’ve borrowed and if so, for how long?
- Yes, you can as long as a hold hasn’t been placed on the title you wish to renew. Items renew as follows:
Material Number of renewals New books 2 Books 2 Books on CD 2 Magazines & Comic Books 2 Music CDs 2 Playaways 2 Playaway Views 2 eReaders 2 Video games None DVDs and Blu-Ray Discs 2 Interlibrary Loans Maybe, please contact the Information Desk
How can I place holds on items that are checked out?
- If an items is checked out, you can place a hold on it by phone or in person. You can also request a hold from the library catalog on our website. You need to have your library card and PIN available.
- Holds can be placed on all items, except feature movies on DVD and Blu-Ray, video games, reference materials and magazines.
Where can I return library materials?
- Book drops are located at:
- Walmart, 1024 N. Main Street, Nicholasville KY
Kroger, 200 E. Brannon Road, Nicholasville KY
United Bank, 106 S. Lexington Road, Wilmore KY
- Please do not return Interlibrary Loans and eReaders in a book drop.
- For information about overdue fees and payments, visit our Fines & Bills page.