Books & Bites Podcast, Episode 29
Each month, JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. This month, Carrie and Melissa welcome Michael to talk about good books for summer reading—whether you’re outside by the pool or staying cool inside.
- The Lady Sherlock series by Sherry Thomas. A Study in Scarlet Women is the first book in the series.
- Magic for Liars by Sarah Gailey
- Pair Ararat with a delicious cup of Turkish Coffee from Matthew Tekulsky’s Gourmet Coffee, Tea and Chocolate Drinks.
Vacationing at a cabin in the summer calls for a cookout. Try the Blue Cheese Sirloin Burger with Red-Onion Jam from Bobby Flay’s Grill It.
- Track down some summer plums and bake the Stone Fruit Tea Tart, which would fit in perfectly with Charlotte Holmes and Mrs. Watson’s tea service. Find the recipe in Rustic Fruit Desserts by Cory Schreiber and Julie Richardson.
- If you were to visit The House at the Edge of Night bar, you’d likely be served a rice ball and limoncello. Find a recipe for rice balls in Tasting Italy: A Culinary Journey. If sampling limoncello is more your speed, try this Limoncello-Gin Cocktail with Grilled Thyme.
- In honor of Less’s 50th birthday, go on a culinary journey with Krystina Castella’s book A World of Cake: 150 Recipes for Sweet Traditions from Cultures Near and Far.