Contact the Information Desk e-mail or call 859-885-3523 for user name and password information.
Consumer Reports (via MasterFILE Premier) To search full-text articles from this popular consumer review magazine, type “Consumer Reports” in the publication field, then enter your search terms in the search field at the top of the page.
- “Comparing Products Online.” OnGuardOnline From the federal government, information about online shopping and avoiding scams.
- FCC Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau Find out about communications frauds and scams, internet safety and privacy; get on the national Do Not Call List; or file an informal communications complaint.
- Consumer World Edgar Dworsky, “a consumer lawyer who has authored a number of consumer protection laws,” founded this website, which features helpful articles about shopping and deals. It also includes links for finding product reviews.
- The Consumerist A blog from Consumer Reports with tips and news for consumers.
- Mouse Print This website examines the fine print in advertising, contracts and labels. From the founder of Consumer World.
- Office of the Kentucky Attorney General. Publications Find information about living wills, medicare fraud, predatory mortgage loans, and more.
- Publications.USA.gov Consumer protection publications from the US government that you can download, print, or order.
- RecallWarnings A database of recall warnings for baby products, food, drugs, cars, tires, and more.
- SafeShopping From the American Bar Association, tips for safe online shopping. Addresses security, privacy, payment concerns, and more.
- Better Business Bureau Check out a business or charity’s rating; find a BBB accredited business; or file a complaint.
- Econsumer.gov 28 countries participate in this cross-border consumer network. Report cross-border complaints regarding online purchases here. Econsumer does not resolve individual complaints, but the complaints database is shared with law enforcement officers. The site also provides information on how to resolve your issue without going to court.
- Federal Trade Commision Complaint Assistant As with Econsumer, “the FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.” Your complaint is entered into a database available to law enforcement authorities, where it helps them recognize patterns of abuse.
- PlanetFeedback A website that promises to make it easier for consumers to give companies feedback, whether positive or negative.