Books and Bites Podcast: Episode 10
Each month, librarians Carrie Green and Eden Grey bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. In our tenth episode, we talk about great fall reads, including a Man Booker Prize-winning ghost story, some cozy and not-so-cozy mysteries, and more.
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
- Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke
- Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
- Autumn by Ali Smith
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie, read by Dan Stevens. Available on hoopla
- Jane Austen at Home by Lucy Worsley
Books & Bites patrons recommend:
- Here is Where: Discovering America’s Great Forgotten History by Andrew Carroll
- Wedding Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke
- Bake simple and fun pies with help from Art of the Pie: A Practical Guide to Homemade Crusts, Fillings, and Life.
- Eden calls this Pie Crust 101 recipe life changing.
- The gingerbread and ginger cookie recipes in Get It Ripe: A Fresh Take on Vegan Cooking and Living offer a double-whammy dose of ginger.
- Find recipes for 18th century gingerbread and Mary Lincoln’s White Almond Cake in American Cake: From Colonial Gingerbread to Classic Layer, the Stories and Recipes Behind More Than 125 of Our Best-Loved Cakes. Or, try making two versions of Mary Lincoln’s cake in the upcoming program Lincoln’s Kitchen: The Great White Cake Debate from the Mary Todd Lincoln House in Lexington, Kentucky.