Books & Bites Podcast, Episode 19
Each month, JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. On this episode, we discuss Madeline Miller’s novel Circe, other adaptations of Greek myths, and more.
Carrie and Melissa recommend The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood.
- The short story “Circe,” which appears in The Collected Stories of Eudora Welty
- Margaret Atwood’s “Circe/Mud Poems,” available in Selected Poems on hoopladigital.com
- If Not, Winter: Fragments of Sappho, translated by Anne Carson
- Create a complete Greek menu, from meze to stuffed fish and pork stew, with The Olive and the Caper: Adventures in Greek Cooking by Susanna Hoffman.
- Find the recipe for Green Vegetable Soup with Egg and Lemon in Apples for Jam by Tessa Kiros.