Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make a request?
What types of items may I request?
- We are able to borrow books from other libraries. A few libraries will also lend audiobooks, microfilm, and reference materials.
How long will it take for my request to arrive?
- The average time to process your request is 2 weeks. The time varies depending on the availability of the item.
How many requests may I submit at a time?
- You may have 3 requests at a time. Please note that your requests may not arrive at the same time and that we do not have any control over the order in which you receive the items.
How long can I keep an item you borrowed for me through Interlibrary Loan?
- The lending library determines the length of the loan. The item’s due date will be clearly marked on the sticker placed on the item. Please do not remove this sticker. Some libraries allow one renewal. If you think you need to renew your item, call the Information Desk one week before the item’s due date. We’ll let you know if it will renew or not.
What are the fines for overdue Interlibrary Loans?
- The fine for an overdue Interlibrary Loan is $1.00 per day with a maximum fine of $21.00. If you lose or damage an item from another library, you may be charged replacement fees.
What is the sticker for?
- Every interlibrary loan will be processed with a sticker on the cover. This helps both you and the library keep track of these special items and remember when they are due back to the library. To ensure safe return of the material, please do not remove the sticker. If the item is lost due to removal of the sticker, you may be charged replacement fees.
How do I renew my item?
- Some libraries allow one renewal. If you think you need to renew your item, contact the Information Desk one week prior to the item’s due date by calling 859-885-3523 ext. 228 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll let you know if the item will renew or not.
How do I pick up my Interlibrary Loan?
- Make sure you don’t have any outstanding bills or overdue items on your account, then bring your library card to the Information Desk. If you would like a spouse or friend to collect the item on your behalf, you need to have a signed permission form on file.
- For more information about Interlibrary Loans, please contact the Information Desk at (859) 885-3523 ext 228. You can also email us at email@example.com.