- Michie’s Kentucky Revised Statutes, in-library use only, R342.769
- Nolo guides, legal forms, etc. Check catalog or ask a librarian.
- FindLaw Find laws, legal information, attorneys, and paid forms.
- Kentucky Court of Justice/ Publications Publications from the Kentucky Court of Justice to help you understand the Kentucky court system. Includes guides on small claims court, serving on juries, domestic violence, etc.
- Legal Aid Network of Kentucky Find legal education, self-help materials, and forms on topics such as child custody, divorce, eviction, and more. Visit http://kyjustice.org/tool for an interactive tool to help you find information and self-help forms. Ask a Lawyer allows eligible Kentucky residents to post legal questions to volunteer lawyers. Also see the Self-Help Guide to Kentucky Courts.
- LegalAidKY on YouTube Informational videos from the Legal Aid Network of Kentucky.
- Office of the Attorney General: Consumer Protection Information and advice for Kentuckians on consumer issues such as debt, home buying and rentals, scams, and more.
- Writing a Will Information on estate planning from USA.gov.
- Finding Free Legal Forms Online – And Using Them Safely Advice about how to search for and use free legal forms.
- Legal Forms/ Kentucky Court of Justice Legal forms from the Kentucky Court of Justice.
- Self-Help Forms/ Legal Aid Network of Kentucky Self-help forms for divorce, landlord/tenant issues, child support, living wills, domestic violence, etc.
- Living Wills in Kentucky Download the Attorney General’s Living Wills packet, which includes a form and instructions.
Get Legal Help
- Access to Justice Foundation Information and links from the Access to Justice Foundation, a Kentucky organization that sponsors the Legal Help Line for Older Kentuckians.
- Kentucky Bar Association/ Lawyer Locator Search for a lawyer through the Kentucky Bar Association website.
- Kentucky Equal Justice Center/ Financial Literacy in the Bluegrass Information about the Wage Claim Clinic in Lexington.
- Kentucky Lawyers for the Arts Provides pro bono legal help to qualifying artists and arts organizations.
- Legal Aid of the Bluegrass Legal Aid of the Bluegrass provides free legal help “to alleviate the most brutal problems of the low income people living in 33 northern and central Kentucky counties,” including Jessamine County. According to the site, “These services are typically in the areas of government benefits, consumer, housing and family law.”
- Legal Aid Network of Kentucky Information on how to find legal aid in Kentucky.
- Maxwell Street Legal Clinic Low-cost legal assistance for immigrant and refugee communities in Kentucky.
- Stateside Legal Legal help for military members, veterans, and their families.
Kentucky Laws and Cases
- Kentucky Legal Research From the Law Library at the University of Kentucky College of Law, links to state government legal sites.
- Kentucky Revised Statutes Kentucky statutes. Note that you must use a certified version in court.
- Kentucky Supreme Court Opinions Search opinions of the Kentucky Supreme Court and Court of Appeals.