Books & Bites Podcast, Episode 18
Each month, JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. On this episode, we discuss audiobooks and the road trip snacks to go with them.
- 44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
- Barracoon: The Story of the Last “Black Cargo” by Zora Neale Hurston
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells
- Shadowshaper by Daniel José Older
- The residents of 44 Scotland Street may be coffee drinkers, but Carrie prefers to listen to the book while sipping a thermos of Brodies Breakfast Blend tea on her morning commute.
- Like a man called Ove, IKEA’s Kafferep ginger thins are a little sweet underneath the ginger’s fire.
- Salty, crunchy Cape Cod potato chips pair perfectly with audiobooks by funny women. Try alternating bites of chips with bites of watermelon. It’s tricky to pull off in the car, but it’s worth the mess: the chips taste saltier and the watermelon tastes sweeter.
- Arroz con Pollo is one of shadowshaper Sierra Santiago’s favorite meals and you can find a recipe and discussion of the dish’s importance in Latin cooking in Gran Cocina Latina by Maricel E. Presilla.