Books and Bites Podcast, Episode 12
Each month, JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. In our twelfth episode, we introduce our new co-host, Melissa Coulston, and talk about reading goals and challenges.
- Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- Sabriel by Garth Nix
- Pair Exit West with recipes from the book Soup for Syria: Recipes to Celebrate Our Shared Humanity.
- Mushroom Bourguignon will impress your guests and complement The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet.
- “If we could see a loaf of bread by its smell,” says a character in the graphic novel Here, “it would be enormous!” A rustic, chewy sourdough is the perfect accompaniment to a book focused on history. Baking Sourdough Bread is available on hoopladigital.com.
- Red Lentil Masala with Spinach is just as comforting as Sabriel.