Books & Bites Podcast, Episode 32
Each month, JCPL librarians bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. On this episode, we’re gearing up for JCPL Comic Surge and Halloween with comics, graphic novels, and scary stories.
- Good Talk by Mira Jacob (link to our catalog coming soon!)
- The Grace Year by Kim Liggett
- Enjoy a cocktail of Werewolf’s Blood as you try to survive the mob and werewolf war and make it out of the West Virginia mountains alive.
- Sip a cold pint of Shlafly’s Pumpkin Ale as you join Sam McGarver and try to escape the horrors of the Kill Creek house before it’s too late.
- Enjoy Mrs. Caliban with Avocado and Lemon Zest Spaghetti from Anna Jones’s A Modern Way to Eat. Since most of the ingredients are pantry staples, it’s the perfect meal to whip up when a frogman drops in unexpectedly.
- Pair Good Talk with south Indian rice pudding, Paal Payasam or the Syrian Christian version made with rice flakes, Palada Payasam.
- The Grace Year would go well with the Early Autumn Apples on Hot Toast recipe found in Nigel Slater’s cookbook Ripe.