About the Festival
Join us for the first annual JCPL Short Film Festival on Sunday, August 13th. We will showcase short films made by local filmmakers, award prizes, and provide light refreshments. Patrons of all ages are welcome to attend and encouraged to come dressed in their best.
Enter Your Film
We are now accepting short film entries! Films will be reviewed by 3 professional judges and JCPL staff. Awards will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, and attendees will choose an Audience Favorite. Entrants do not need to be present at the Short Film Festival in order to win.
Entries will be accepted from teens (grades 6-12) and adults starting July 1st to August 8th via the online form below. Film entry criteria are as follows:
- Films must be 10 minutes or less.
- Films must be rated G up to PG-13 and may not contain any R-rated content.
- Any genre or format is acceptable: live action, animation, music video, etc.
- Entries are not considered accepted until the entrant has received a confirmation email from JCPL staff.
- Films may be submitted via YouTube, Google Drive, Dropbox, or other cloud sharing links only.
- Films are accepted through the provided online form only.
- Films not in English must be subtitled in English.
- Only 1 entry per person is accepted.