Books and Bites Podcast: Episode 8
Each month, librarians Carrie Green and Eden Grey bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. On our 8th episode, we discuss our favorite summer reads.
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
- Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple
- The Animators by Kayla Rae Whitaker
- The Wangs vs. the World by Jade Chang
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- Mosquitoland by David Arnold
- When the last thing you want is hot coffee, try it iced instead. We tried cold brew recipes from Quench: Handcrafted Beverages to Satisfy Every Taste & Occasion and The New York Times.
- This Honey Lemon Balm Spritzer is light and refreshing enough for the Italian coast… or your back porch.
- It’s too hot to cook, so why not just dream about the perfect French meal? Find inspiration in The Chez Panisse French Menu Cookbook.
- Add some sliced melon to your orange juice for a summery twist. Find the recipe for Bitter Melon in The Big Book of Juices.