JCPL has a space designed just for teens. It’s YOUR space, so come in and hang out! You’ll find teen books, study tables, gaming, technology, maker kits, and so much more. Select a topic below for more details about some of the new activities available, and stop by the Teen Library Desk for even more information.
New Teen Books
- Inside JCPL’s Teen Space, you can play the most popular games on Xbox One, Wii U, and PS4! Check the following schedule to see when gaming is available for teens in 6th through 12th grades.
- Gaming in the Teen Space:
- Monday: Gaming is closed. Tuesday: 12 pm – 8 pm Wednesday: 12 pm – 8 pm Thursday: 11:30 am – 8 pm Friday: 12 pm – 5 pm Saturday: 12 pm – 4 pm Sunday: 1 pm – 4 pm
- Playing time will work on a first-come, first-served basis, with limitations on time if others are waiting. At least one person per group must have a library card. Ask at the Teen Library Desk for controllers. Game on!
- Tutor.com Get live, one-to-one help in math, science, social studies, and English everyday from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. To login, enter your 7 digit library card number or the site code. To find out what the site code is, contact the Ask a Librarian Desk at 859-885-3523 or via email.
- Visit our Homework Help page for more great resources!
Laptops & iPads
- In addition to the desktop computer stations in the Teen Library, teens can now check out a Chromebook, iPad Air, or an iPad Mini for use inside JCPL. Come to the Teen Library Desk and request the device of your choice. If available, each device will check out for two hours.
- Tons of apps will be pre-downloaded onto the available iPads, and you can always make suggestions for more. Gaming and social media are welcome on the teen library devices!
- Feeling creative? Artistic? Simply bored? Check out JCPL’s Maker Kits and let your imagination run wild!
- Kits are available for in-library use and contain supplies and books for arts, jewelry, origami, LEGO, Instax Camera, Polymer Clay, Snap Circuits, Cubelets robots, Button Maker, Sticker Maker, mBot Robot, Stop-Motion Animation, and Digital Photography. Check back often as new kits are added and updated.
- To check out a kit, visit the Teen Library Desk.
- JCPL offers a free Minecraft server to all library visitors. If you already have a Minecraft account of your own, you can either bring in your device or log into one of the library’s computers to play along with other JCPL builders.
- If you don’t have a Minecraft account of your own, stop by the Teen Library Desk to see if one of our ten accounts is available. If it is, we’ll get you signed in and you can build, dig, or invent as much as you want!