Nurturing a lifelong love of reading…
To complete the weekly log, choose one of the following:
- Share 3 hrs. of reading or literacy activities with your child.
- Attend 1 library program and share 2 hrs. of reading or literacy activities.
Limit of one reading log per week. Limit of one program counted on reading log.
Literacy activity suggestions
- Sing familiar songs with your child.
- Find words that rhyme around your house.
- Have your child make up a story using the pictures from a favorite book.
- Play eye spy with the letters of the alphabet.
What makes a good book for You & Me Readers?
Ask at the Children’s Desk for tips and suggestions.
Begin reading May 29th
Reading log redemption dates:
Week 1: Monday, June 5 – Sunday, June 11
Week 2: Monday, June 12 – Sunday, June 18
Week 3: Monday, June 19 – Sunday, June 25
Week 4: Monday, June 26 – Sunday, July 2
Week 5: Monday, July 3 – Sunday, July 9
Week 6: Monday, July 10 – Sunday, July 16
Week 7: Monday, July 17 – Sunday, July 23
The last day to turn in reading logs is Sunday, July 23, 2017.
Collect reward book
Beginning Monday, July 24th at 1:00 PM. Qualify by submitting at least 4 of 7 reading logs.
Download the You & Me Reader’s Log in English or the You & Me Reader’s Log in Spanish and turn in at the Children’s Desk, or use the online form below. Please note that patrons submitting the online form will not receive state coupons.
JCPL employees and their families are ineligible to win prizes.