Nurturing a lifelong love of reading…
To complete the weekly log, choose one of the following:
- Share 3 hrs. of reading or literacy activities with your child.
- Attend 1 library program and share 2 hrs. of reading or literacy activities.
Limit of one reading log per week. Limit of one program counted on reading log.
Literacy activity suggestions
- Sing familiar songs with your child.
- Find words that rhyme around your house.
- Have your child make up a story using the pictures from a favorite book.
- Play eye spy with the letters of the alphabet.
What makes a good book for You & Me Readers?
Ask at the Children’s Desk for tips and suggestions.
Begin reading May 28th
Reading log redemption dates:
Week 1: Monday, June 4 – Sunday, June 10
Week 2: Monday, June 11 – Sunday, June 17
Week 3: Monday, June 18 – Sunday, June 24
Week 4: Monday, June 25 – Sunday, July 1
Week 5: Monday, July 2 – Sunday, July 8
Week 6: Monday, July 9 – Sunday, July 15
Week 7: Monday, July 16 – Sunday, July 22
The last day to turn in reading logs is Sunday, July 22, 2018.
Collect reward book
Beginning Monday, July 23rd. See calendar for store times. Qualify by submitting at least 4 of 7 reading logs.
Children who turn in at least one reading log at the Children’s Desk will receive a day pass to the Jessamine County “Riney B” Aquatic Center.
Download the You & Me Reader’s Log in English or the You & Me Reader’s Log in Spanish and turn in at the Children’s Desk, or use the online form below. Please note that patrons submitting the online form will not receive state coupons or a pool pass.
JCPL employees and their families are ineligible to win prizes.