Books and Bites Podcast: Episode 9
Each month, librarians Carrie Green and Eden Grey bring you book recommendations and discuss the bites and beverages to pair with them. On our 9th episode, we’re gearing up for Comic Surge with a discussion of graphic novels, comics, and manga for everyone from hardcore fans to novices.
Other JCPL staff recommend:
- Stuff of Legend, Vol. 1 Omnibus by Mike Raicht, Brian Smith, et al
- Fables series, created by Bill Willingham
- Maus: A Survivor’s Tale by Art Spiegelman
- Taste of Persia includes two recipes for spiced tea that are perfect for the cool days of fall.
- Yes, peanuts are legumes, but Squirrel Girl is still nuts for them. Try Alicia Silverstone’s vegan version of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, available in The Kind Diet.
- Wake up your taste buds with a tamagoyaki (Japanese rolled omelet). Find the recipe in Sushi & Japanese.
- For more breakfast ideas, try Rise & Shine: Better Breakfasts for Busy Mornings.